Sound of Charlotte Blog
The Charlotte Symphony will be sliding into a new home base on October 24 when we perform "A Concert for Charlotte" a special live event presented in partnership with the Charlotte Knights at Truist Field. The event is designed to celebrate Charlotte and bring our community back together safely through the power of music.
Under the baton of Music Director Christopher Warren-Green, "A Concert for Charlotte" will open with the Star Spangled Banner, sung by Charlotte-based opera singer Jennifer Wiggins. Wiggins will also step up to the plate to perform Che faro senza Euridice from the opera Orfeo ed Euridice. She had this to say about being part of this special event:
|"This performance at Truist Field will not only be my debut with CSO, but also will be the first time I've performed for a live audience since February. I'm excited for the opportunity to share my voice with Charlotte and to collaborate with an amazing group of world class musicians. I hope that the piece that I perform will allow people to find closure from any heartbreak they might be experiencing and help them realize it's okay to mourn the ones you've loved and lost."||
Finish the night with some peanuts and Cracker Jacks and enjoy a brilliant fireworks display that will light up the Uptown sky.
Music Director Christopher Warren-Green said, "My hope is that everyone will join us at A Concert for Charlotte so that we can come together again through the power of music."
- Clarinetist Allan Rosenfeld’s Top 10 Orchestral Bass Clarinet Solos
- The Classical Series: Reimagined
- What I have learned (and am learning) as a professional musician
- Playing for the Panthers
- Make an Impact TODAY!
- The path to playing professionally, by CSO Violist Viara Stefanova
- Celebrating the Power of Women in Art
- Clarinetist Allan Rosenfeld’s Top 10 Orchestral Clarinet Solos
- CLTSymphony X Beatties Ford Strong
- What Christopher Warren-Green Loves About CSO On Demand