Sound of Charlotte Blog
This spring, Wells Fargo has issued a challenge, "If your audience contributes $25,000 in new gifts by Friday, May 9, we will match them, dollar-for-dollar." We sat down with Jay Everette, Community Affairs Manager at Wells Fargo, to discuss the challenge and why it is an impactful way for Wells Fargo to show its support of the Symphony.
Why do you feel offering a challenge gift is an effective method to raise audience engagement?
Jay Everette: When our Wells Fargo Foundation issues a challenge grant we know from past experience that donors appreciate the fact that their contributions are matched and in effect doubled!
Wells Fargo is a leading supporter of the arts and culture in Charlotte. Why is this a priority for the company?
Our Foundation focuses on providing exceptional arts and culture experiences for our community. We know that the arts are an important part of our educational outreach as well.
What would you say to a Symphony audience member who feels their gift would not make a difference?
A donation of any size can make a huge difference in the operation and outreach of a nonprofit. For example, even a small contribution can purchase sheet music for a symphony musician. Nonprofit groups need contributions both large and small. Small gifts are a great opportunity to introduce children to the concept of philanthropy as well, so these types of challenge grants present a great way for families to support the Symphony.
|What was your most memorable Symphony experience this season?
Having the honor of being on stage to announce Wells Fargo's corporate underwriting support for the Itzak Perlman performance!
- Clarinetist Allan Rosenfeld’s Top 10 Orchestral Bass Clarinet Solos
- The Classical Series: Reimagined
- What I have learned (and am learning) as a professional musician
- Playing for the Panthers
- Make an Impact TODAY!
- The path to playing professionally, by CSO Violist Viara Stefanova
- Celebrating the Power of Women in Art
- Clarinetist Allan Rosenfeld’s Top 10 Orchestral Clarinet Solos
- CLTSymphony X Beatties Ford Strong
- What Christopher Warren-Green Loves About CSO On Demand