Employment & Auditions
First Citizens Bank Plaza | 128 S. Tryon St., Ste. 350 | Charlotte, NC 28202
Administration: 704.972.2003 | Ticket Office: 704.972.2000 | Fax: 704.972.2011
The Charlotte Symphony is currently hiring part-time summer employees to work Summer Pops concerts at Symphony Park at SouthPark Mall each Sunday in June and July 1 from 3:30-8:30 p.m.
· Credit card sales: Selling tickets using mobile credit card readers from 3:30 p.m. to approximately 8:30 p.m. Providing wristbands for each ticket sold.
· Will-Call fulfillment: Distributing wristbands to patrons who purchased tickets in advance (a list of names for all who pre-purchased tickets will be provided).
· Greeting customers: Checking patron wristbands at each entrance, welcoming patrons, and handing out programs. Assisting patrons as needed.
Customer service experience is a plus! Must be able to work all five concerts and attend one 2-hour training session prior to the first performance on June 5. Applicants must be comfortable working outside in summer heat. Pay is $12 per hour.
Mandatory work days:
Sundays, June 5, 12, 19, 26
Friday, July 1
To apply, please fill out the employment application and email to email@example.com.
Charlotte Symphony Priority Seating seeks high energy, well spoken agents to make outbound calls for our subscription campaign. Must be articulate, some knowledge of classical music preferred.
• Minimum 16 hour work week.
• Hours Mon, Tues, Thurs 5-9, Wed 4:30-8:30
• Fri 1-5
• Sat 9:30 AM -- 1:30 PM
• Compensation includes base plus commission.
• Cash bonuses based on success.
• Appreciation of the symphony and/or the performing arts.
• Excellent telephone manner.
• The ability to meet sales goals.
On CATS bus line.
Successful candidates would be employed by SD&A Teleservices Inc, a designated contractor of the Charlotte Symphony.
Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls.
The Charlotte Symphony announces the following orchestral audition:
Auditions: February 5, 6 & 7, 2017
Resumes due: November 1, 2016
One full-time, permanent position is available. Employment is available starting in September 2017.
The 2016-2017 weekly salary for this position is $1,285.93; and the 2016-2017 season is 37 weeks, which includes a 4-week optional Summer Season.
Benefits of employment include three weeks' paid vacation; employee medical/dental/life insurance (with payroll deduction equivalent to 10% of total plan individual monthly premium); instrument insurance; and employer contribution to AFM/Employer's Pension Plan. All provisions of the CSO Master Agreement are subject to renegotiation for the 2017-2018 season, which is the first season for which employment in this position is available.
Highly qualified candidates please send a one-page resume (MSWord or PDF format only) by the required deadline to email@example.com. Please put "Principal Percussion" in the subject line of your email.
The list of required audition repertoire will be posted here at a later date.
Posted May 5, 2016