Updated September 17, 2021
We're thrilled to begin welcoming you back to the concert hall for the 2021-22 season to celebrate 90 extraordinary years of your Charlotte Symphony and the culmination of Christopher Warren-Green's tenure as Music Director.
As our area has been increasingly affected by a rise in cases of COVID-19 caused by the Delta variant, the Charlotte Symphony is updating safety protocols and will now require:
Proof of Vaccination OR Negative COVID Test within 72 Hours
- Required for all guests age 12 and above attending Charlotte Symphony performances at Blumenthal Performing Arts Center, along with matching photo ID. Documentation may be printed or digital.
- Proof of vaccination can be a hard copy of your vaccination card or digital copy/photo of your vaccination card, along with matching photo ID. Fully vaccinated is defined as at least 14 days after the second of a two-dose of an FDA or WHO authorized COVID-19 vaccine, or 14 days after a single dose COVID-19 vaccine of an FDA or WHO authorized COVID-19 vaccine.
- Those unable to be vaccinated, such as those too young, may document a negative test result with a COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours, or a negative result Rapid Antigen test taken within 24 hours. Tests must state the date and time of the test, type of test and negative result and match the photo ID.
- Regardless of vaccination status, all guests age 2 and above are required to wear face masks except when consuming food or beverage in designated areas.
These policies are subject to change as the COVID-19 pandemic evolves. Before you attend a CSO performance, please check our website and your email for the latest information. If you purchase tickets for someone else, please direct them to our safety measures before they attend an event.
ProceduresAll ticket buyers will receive advance notice of the health and safety protocols in place for their concerts via email. Any policy or schedule changes will be communicated in a timely and transparent way. Additionally, this page will be updated regularly to reflect the most recent guidelines.
If you are feeling unwell, experiencing CDC-recognized COVID-19 symptoms, have been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 14 days, or have had close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19, we ask that you prioritize your health and the health of your fellow audience members and stay home.
Ticket FlexibilityIf you are not able to attend a CSO performance, you may exchange your tickets, donate your tickets back to the CSO, or receive a refund. Exchanges, donations, and refunds must be requested before the performance start time.
All ticket buyers (single tickets and subscriptions) will receive flexible exchange privileges during this time. Patrons may exchange tickets into a different performance within the same weekend or within the same series for no additional cost. Should the price of the replacement performance exceed the original ticket price, patrons will be asked to pay the difference in price. Exchanges must be requested before the performance start time to be valid. If you are unable to immediately reach the CSO Patron Services Department, please leave a voicemail or email and you will receive a response the next business day.
Patrons not in compliance with the protocols will receive a refund of their ticket price and will not be admitted into the theater.
Other Safety Measures
- HVAC upgrades: The air cleaning systems in Blumenthal Performing Arts Center venues eliminate airborne particulates, odors and pathogens. Blumenthal's systems refresh the air five times an hour, or more.
- No Touch: e-ticketing ticketing, virtual program books, contactless restroom features and food and drink ordering and payment processing are being used to protect our audiences and staff
- Cleaning Procedures: Blumenthal Performing Arts Center venues are deep-cleaned after every performance with high-touch surfaces cleaned more frequently throughout the day and evening during events.
- Vaccinations: Vaccination policies are in effect for all Charlotte Symphony staff, musicians, guest artists, stage crew, and the staff and volunteers of the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center.