Sound of Charlotte Blog
If you're headed out to Symphony Park to Celebrate America on July 3, don't miss these top 4 insider tips--from getting the best spot on the lawn to parking, and more.
1) Arrive and buy your tickets early
We're expecting a large crowd, and the best spots always get snatched up right when the gates open at 5 p.m. If you haven't purchased your tickets in advance, ticket prices will increase by $2 day of show. Tickets will be available online until noon and then you can purchase them at the gates beginning at 4 p.m.
There are 3 gates at Symphony Park: one by the DoubleTree, the main gate in the SouthPark Mall parking lot near Dick's Sporting Goods and Reid's Fine Foods, and one off of Barclay Downs Road. Pro tip: People begin lining up at the gates as early as 3 p.m.!
2) Bring lots of water, sunscreen, and bug spray
We'll have vendors selling beverages on-site, but it's going to be very hot and crowded. Wine and beer are allowed, but we ask that you please drink responsibly. Some of our vendors include King of Pops and Sunset Slush. You may bring umbrellas, but you will be asked to take them down right before the orchestra starts playing.
3) Carpool or use rideshare to get to the park
Parking is limited to the SouthPark Mall parking lot, which means close parking to the main gate gets claimed very early in the day. For your convenience, we have a guest drop off area right by the main gate.
4) Bring low-back chairs or blankets
As a courtesy to others, especially those sitting on blankets, please bring low-back chairs, such as one you might bring to the beach. We ask that if you do bring a high-back chair to please sit around the perimeter of the lawn and the park.
Most importantly, be respectful to others around you, and just have fun!
For more information on accessibility, prohibited items, and more, visit our FAQ page.
- UNCC student shares why she's voting FOR the quarter-cent sales tax referendum
- 5 Exciting holiday experiences with your CSO this season
- Father and daughter share the stage at Stars, Stripes and Sousa
- Sneak peek: 'Off the Rails' with Kari Giles and Kirsten Swanson
- CSO concerts return to WDAV Classical 89.9
- Meet the women taking the classical world (and your CSO) by storm
- Dr. Samuel C. Davis - Always About the Music
- Our Top 4 insider tips for attending Celebrate America at Symphony Park
- Street Dance meets Classical Music
- Ravel's Boléro in popular culture